If you’re like us, you love a good cup of joe and you make it your mission to find the cutest coffee shop in every city you visit. From discovering Atlanta’s best latte to studying late into the night to meeting with peers and mentors, this list of Atlanta’s best coffee shops has you covered for any and all of your coffee needs.
10. Joe’s East Atlanta Coffee Shop – Joe’s has been around since 2002. It’s a hip, Indie coffee shop in East Atlanta. It offers delicious baked goods, and the latte art is some of the best in town. We prefer Joe’s for late night study sessions, as it’s one of the few shops in Atlanta that stays open pretty late.
9. Brash Coffee – Brash prides itself in its coffee sourcing — the owners visit each farm to find the highest quality beans before purchasing. Brash has two locations in Atlanta, and both are equally unique. The first is in West Midtown and is situated in a renovated shipping container. It’s cozy and can get a bit crowded, but the atmosphere is to die for. The second location is in Buckhead and is located inside of the Atlanta History Center. With two levels, it’s much more spacious than the first location with all the same good vibes.
8. San Francisco Coffee Roasting Co. – With a focus on fair-trade and seasonal offerings, San Francisco coffee shop has a warm and welcoming, mom-and-pop shop feel. There are three locations of San Francisco Coffee in Atlanta. One in Virginia Highland, one in Little Five Points, and one in Edgewood. We prefer the Virginia Highland location, but you really can’t go wrong with any of them.
7. Condesa Coffee – Condesa is an industrial espresso bar that now serves small bites and cocktails. Condesa Coffee has two locations in Atlanta with one in Little Five Points and one in Inman Park. We recommend the Inman Park location, but the space can get a bit tight on space during the weekends.
6. Chattahoochee Coffee Company – The Chattahoochee Coffee Co. also has two locations in Atlanta. One is situated actually on the Chattahoochee River, but it is a bit out of the city in Vinings. However, the other is located in West Midtown and although it doesn’t offer as scenic of views as the original, the atmosphere and space is really cool and comfortable.
5. Cafe Intermezzo – Cafe Intermezzo is definitely more of a coffee “bar” than “shop,” but we absolutely could not leave it off the list. This cute cafe has a European feel with lots of outside seating. Whether you’re going for a bite to eat, a delicious cappuccino, or a yummy cocktail, this place is the perfect meeting spot. There are multiple locations (one in Dunwoody, one in Alpharetta, and one in Midtown); we highly recommend the one in Midtown and recommend sitting outside for the best people watching.
4. Inman Perk – Located in Inman Park, this coffeehouse has become a staple in our lives. We love to spend time on the Beltline, which makes Inman Perk the perfect pit stop. In addition to coffee, they serve light bites, alcoholic drinks, and delicious ice cream. A must visit if you’re in the Inman Park neighborhood!
3. Octane – Octane has 3+ shops and various iterations in the Atlanta area due to its expansion into roasting and whole-selling. We love the West Midtown Octane. It’s the perfect size and has lots of seating (and outlets!), so be sure to stop by for a coffee or cocktail.
2. Amelie’s – Amelie’s is located in Midtown right near Georgia Tech’s campus on Marietta Street. The French decor gives a perfect ambiance. It’s extremely spacious inside so you’re sure to find a spot to sit down and relax. If you go, you can’t miss out on the delicious macaroons!
1. Dancing Goats Coffee Bar – Dancing Goats serves premium roasts from Batdorf & Bronson and has multiple locations in Atlanta. We prefer the Midtown location, with the new Buckhead shop being a close second. Both locations are hip and open, but the Midtown location boasts a large screened in area with comfy couch swings and other fun seating options. It’s also right next door to Ponce City Market, so it’s a must visit!
Be sure to let us know what your favorite coffee bar is in the comments below! Happy drinking!